Preheat oven to broil or 450ºF.
- Bring water to a boil in a small. Add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Poach shrimp in boiling water until pink, about 2 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pan and cool to room temperature.
- Remove shrimp from water and chill.
- Roughly chop shrimp and place in a medium
- Finely chop garlic, shallot, and parsley and add to the bowl.
- Add grated cheese, butter and lemon zest. Mix all ingredients together to form a spread.
- Top 4 slices of bread with shrimp mixture evenly and broil in oven until golden brown and the mixture is melty.
- Remove from oven and serve.